9.04.2010

Apple Crisp

I made an apple crisp on Sunday last week. Our family usually makes 2 or 3 9x13 pans of crisp at a time so I have had a lot of practice. Since it is just the two of us - I usually use a bread loaf pan so we don't waste such a yummy dessert.

We went to the grocery store and were pleasantly surprised when we came across Maine apples picked in Standish. Over priced, yes, worth every penny, definitely!

Cinnamon, sugar, butter, oats, nuts, and more butter. Sounds great right? There is just one more ingredient in the crumb topping - which is crucial for the crumble factor: FLOUR! I forgot the flour.

Oh well! We went to Bow Street and bought some vanilla ice cream and in 2 days the pan is gone! Even mistakes sometimes taste good - especially crisp. I'm not sure there is a wrong way to make crisp.

No photos - I was way to busy drooling and peeling apples to take a snap shot of the season's first apple crisp. Once we do some picking, I am sure there will be apple crisp - the sequel - with lots of delicious photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment