3.13.2011

Buttermilk Pancakes from scratch

Flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, baking soda, eggs, butter and buttermilk. Easy, fast, and I always have these items in the apartment except for buttermilk. But, if you buy a jug of buttermilk to bake a cake... what are you supposed to do with the rest? Pancakes! Perfect! This is my new plan for the rest of my life.

When I find the motivation to mix up the batter rather than open up the mix, I will just bake a cake too! Pancakes and chocolate cake are truly two of my favorite foods.


These cakes were so light and fluffy, they would be perfect for pigs-in-a-blanket! Or possibly a fruit stuffed cake.

I reheated the leftovers the next day when I got home from work, and they were just as good as the morning before.

We are OUT of maple syrup! (Positively a sin. I know this.) I made some blueberry topping for them instead. Thanks to Dad, I always have some BB in the freezer. Last year we ended up with some rather sour BB's, this is perfect for adding some sugar and making into a sauce.

A thought I have when I see this picture is the pancake-cake. Not sure if it needs to be crepes or pancakes, but I have seen many photos of griddle cakes piled high with fillings and toppings to make a stacked up layer cake! This is on the to-do list, so I'll get back to you with the results!

She always has the answer to a simple question... with a recipe that is tried and true!

No comments:

Post a Comment