3.06.2011

Mama Dodge's Mac 'n Cheese

Often when we have dinner at the Dodge's, Paul enjoys homemade macaroni and cheese. Each time I see him scoop the gooey, cheesy wonder onto his plate, my heart aches just a little bit!

Lactose intolerance keeps me from my favorite cheesy goo! HOW SAD! Recently, I was reading the back of the package of Cabot Hunters Cheddar cheese. "Naturally Lactose Free." THANK YOU CABOT!

I have done a bit of research. From eating cheese to reading online - it is absolutely true! So, taking Mama Dodge's recipe and modifying it just a bit, I can enjoy cheesy goo again!

I use extra sharp cheddar cheese and soy milk, voila! Not exactly the same, for a girl who has been without macaroni and cheese for so long, this is an amazing discovery!!

No comments:

Post a Comment