5.19.2011

Pigs in a Blanket

So in recent years I have learned that to make pigs in a blanket, you take a sausage and roll it up into a pancake. Well IHOP invented this! Yikes, I guess this might be why I never knew the term described pancakes. IHOP just wasn't on the list of chain restaurants that my family frequented. McDonalds, Wendy's, Kentucky Fried Chicken (before it was KFC), Bonanza, hmmmm... and every chinese restaurant we could get our hands on!

Anyway - back to the point! When I was young, my dad made pigs in a blanket, they looked like mini meatloaves wrapped in a cabbage leaf. I LOVE THIS! Tomatoes and ground beef and cabbage, all baked together....yummmmmmm... (That is another post for another day!)

Well, my newly discovered - IHOP Pigs in a Blanket. Homemade buttermilk pancakes, breakfast sausage links from the very fine and dandy Hannaford, and real Maine maple syrup.
(In case you haven't noticed - I LOVE PANCAKES!)

Read what Wikipedia has to say about Pigs in a Blanket! I love that website - I know it doesn't always have the answer, but it sure is fun to see what you find!

No comments:

Post a Comment