7.24.2010

Mama Dodge's Blueberry Muffins

With a few Blackberries! Yummy! Whenever I bake muffins - I use this recipe. It is basic but perfect. Having finished one just a moment ago, there is definitely something to say for packing two in your snack bag!

Muffins
Heat oven to 350 degrees
1/2 C soft butter
1 C sugar
2 eggs
Cream butter and sugar, then add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each. When I don't have my mixer - I find a fork is the best solution!

2 C flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
Sift together the dry ingredients. Sometimes a little cinnamon is a nice addition to the blueberry flavor.
1/2 C milk
1 tsp vanilla
I always measure the milk and add the vanilla right to it. You now alternate between adding the flour mix to the wet mix, and the milk to the wet mix. This becomes a fabulous batter that you can add just about ANYTHING to! I have made multiple variations using this as a base depending what fruit is in season or how many banana's are turning brown. There are more muffins to come! I am sure of this.

2 1/2 C wild Maine Blueberries* (frozen is great though it slightly impairs the baking powder's ability to do it's job - they won't raise up on top as much)

Add the blueberries to the batter and scoop into Pammed muffin tins. It always makes 1 dozen muffins. Bake for 30 minutes, test with a toothpick.

*I added about a 1/2 C of blackberries too - they were near the BB's while I was picking so... it was just natural. This ended up being a very moist muffin since I added the extra berries.



No comments:

Post a Comment