1.24.2011

Cranberry Pecan Pancakes

You will notice that Aunt Jeanne replenished my nut selection, and it now includes pecans... I just can't stay away from them. I want to add cranberries and pecans to EVERYTHING I make!














Yet another batch of pancakes on a Saturday morning! Working at L.L. Bean I have A LOT of opportunities to taste Stonewall Kitchen's finest tasty treats. With the new "spring" floor set, we are carrying some new and different items.
This little bottle inspired a need for some tasty pancakes... though, many things inspire me to make new and exciting pancakes - they are my favorite breakfast food! Fresh (frozen) cranberries from Dad, toasted pecans and a dash of cinnamon made the Hungry Jack pancake mix worth the $.50 that Aunt Jeanne paid for them!














Generally, I would say, make your own mix! Cheap, easy, and by far the best taste. Stonewall does make a mix called Farmhouse, which is my favorite store-bought mix. I highly recommend this! If you have a chance to buy it, on sale, clearance, or full price, it is worth every penny!

When it comes to my pantry though, Aunt Jeanne generously gives us a few little bargains to try, and that is how we ended up with the Hungry Jack. I had never had this before. Bisquick was the pancake of my childhood, and Aunt Jemima at the Dodge's, why not try this other brand?

As it turns out, once you add delicious ingredients, it really doesn't matter what mix you are using! They are all yummy!

I will say that the syrup was nothing like what I had hoped for. It is probably better suited for ice cream or some dessert. Unfortunately, adding real pecans detracted even more from the flavor. There was an artificial aftertaste that is unusual for Stonewall products.

In the future, I won't buy the flavored syrups, and I will stick with the real fruit jam that they have mastered!

Do try adding some cranberries to your pancakes. Maple syrup would be a great compliment to the tartness, and I am certain that you'd enjoy this idea!! Also, come to the L.L. Home Store and try some of our tasty Stonewall products, and pick up some Farmhouse mix while you are there, it won't disappoint!

No comments:

Post a Comment