1.17.2011

Thai food!


Beef satay with peanut sauce

After having the flu and sitting around for almost 3 days, I decided to get creative. We love Thai food, and it is usually easy to make, as long as you have the right ingredients. Not authentic, but it definitely feeds a Thai food craving and you have lots of leftovers for tomorrow!

Coconut milk , peanut butter, onion, brown sugar and spices. Peanut sauce is SO easy to make. The center photo is the sauce cooking. I think given the right situation, I would eat this like soup! I have to say that satay overall is truly easy. The marinade is prepared with only a few ingredients and the longer it sits the better it gets. This is great for preparing it in advance because you can just throw it on the grill and have something to eat in less than 5 minutes. It gives you time to prepare the rest of dinner.

Just a note, Dad said that sirloin would be a nice choice for this, so I just bought a steak and sliced it up - really this only took 5 minutes to prep and 5 minutes to cook - with a few hours of marinating in between... this is when I slept!

With our satay, I made some red curry with lots of veggies and fresh baby Maine shrimp. Also easy - but this flavor is harder to get right. It is always tasty but never gets close enough to going out for Thai food in a restaurant.

No comments:

Post a Comment