1.31.2011

Pasketti & Meatballs!


Ground beef and ground pork, the veal made me too sad to add it into the mix, even though the lovely Ina Garten recommends it.

You know, we always cook for two. But like my family traditions have always guided me in the choices I make, here with go, 3 dozen meatballs!



Dig in, get your hands dirty. It is always fun to get "hands on" while cooking. Brian is often my faucet assistant, taking a break from his grading to turn on the water and squirt the dish soap onto my hands. Important to remember that contaminating your workspace isn't safe! Keep germs in line!

We worked as a team to create this dinner. What a special time to spend together when you add love to the mix with dinner.

Brian joined me in the kitchen to seer the meatballs and make the homemade sauce. This is a first for both of us.

Lately, I turn on the computer and want to "surf the web" but I never know where to surf. Sometimes I look at LLBean.com, or facebook... I often cross my fingers that I'll open my blog to discover new followers or a comment on something I have created here...

Yeah for NEW FOLLOWERS!



I have discovered MarthaStewart.com, great ideas, recipes and a really easy to use website. It triggered my searching for other new food related sites, and lots of great new ideas as a result!!

So, below is the creation of the sauce. Onions, garlic, red wine, herbs, olive oil, and the little brown bits left over from the meat balls. It is so fun when you discover magic in the ease of creating one of your favorite foods in your own kitchen from scratch!


The great thing about making something like spaghetti and meatballs is that you never need to worry about setting the timer. The meat gets mixed and rolled... no time limit on this one. The ingredients get dumped into the pot for the sauce, and it simmers. Simmering until it is perfect. 10 minutes, 20 minutes, 30 minutes, or maybe turn the pot down low, and start a movie.

This is a foreign experience as I am most often baking. Lately experimenting with yeast dough, and baking cupcakes, your timer is your best friend. Don't forget to start it, or restart it! Also, like an important science experiment, you need to accurately measure the ingredients... with this dinner above, we decided to add extra onion, garlic and some bonus herbs that we found at the store... delicious and only improved the flavor.

I LOVE COOKING!




No comments:

Post a Comment