8.04.2010

Rangeley Whoopie Pie Tour

I decided to drown my sorrows about my failure with some sampling! We went to Rangeley over the weekend and this is what we found: the Oquossoc Grocery Store. Where they sell original, raspberry, mint, orange and peanut butter whoopies.... really? Yes! PERFECT!



I would have to say that this PB whoopie was the best. I'd rather not report on the rest - but this was a perfect 10 in my book. Just enough PB, just enough filling, and the cake didn't stick to my fingers - even though it was really moist.

We went to get the paper in the am, and came home with this whoopie. We went back for lunch, and they made us a raspberry whoopie on the spot! Fresh cakes, any filling we'd like! (Sounded good... but... after eating Kidder raspberry sauce, you come to expect a certain flavor from a raspberry. This didn't do it.) The boy behind us in line was happy to inform us that the mint whoopies tasted like toothpaste. All I have to say about that is that toothpaste is usually mint flavored. It makes sense to me!

Anyway - go to the Oquossoc Grocery store, pick up the news paper, and have a PB whoopie pie. You won't be disappointed!

1 comment:

  1. Hi there!
    My name is Jane and I'm with Dwellable.
    I was looking for blogs about Rangeley to share on our site and I came across your post...If you're open to it, shoot me an email at jane(at)dwellable(dot)com.
    Hope to hear from you soon!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete