8.29.2010

Better late... I guess!

Continuing the busy summer madness has kept me from updating for 3 weeks! Though I have spent a lot more time cooking and baking - I neglected taking photos and sharing with my friends.

Here are a few back-logged photos I snapped - you have sadly missed another batch of BB muffins, smoked bleu cheese burgers with Brian (with Dad's home made piccalilli) , fresh corn on the cob we've eaten the last two weekends at home, blueberry pancakes last sunday for breakfast, and cob salad - egg salad sandwiches! (I'll make that one again!)

Carrot Ginger Slaw - it had a yummy toasted sesame and lemon dressing - crisp and refreshing - also beautiful! It was easy to remember to take a picture of this delicious bowl of food.

I guess I'd call these triple ginger oatmeal cookies. If you love ginger snaps - and want something a little different - spicy ginger without the molasses - some toasty walnuts - I highly recommend this recipe. Fresh, candied and powdered ginger are all in this cookie. After having one with my breakfast, I told Brian that they are the best cookies I have ever baked. BUT - this does come from someone who LOVES ginger!
(Not sure why the photo is turned... but oh well - sideways cookies are the same, I guess, since they are round!)

Not sure if you get this way when it is cold and rainy. I immediately run for the soup pot and cook something warm and delicious. I didn't end up with soup this time - but a big pot of chicken and rice. Thanks dad for the juicy chicken thighs - rice from the pantry - and the other goodies laying around the house! A bag of organic carrots - left over from the slaw, onion, garlic, fresh sage from the garden, and some rosemary sprigs I had dried last month. I love to cook like this because it is so inexpensive, and gives you a place to use up what is hanging around.
(PS - I took this picture before the rice was done cooking - and never took another! So it looks like soup!! Yummy either way!)


Below, my little friend Marco - here he is showing his love of reusable shopping bags. He has a true passion for jumping on the counter while I am cooking - to explore - taste - or knock over what ever he can! He sure is a pain in the ass - but we love him any way! With a face like that - who could resist!

MARCO!


No comments:

Post a Comment