2.13.2011

Monkey cake... Thanks Smitten Kitchen!

As soon as I saw her post... I NEEDED to make this cake!
This chocolate butter cream was seriously easy and also really tasty. I quickly ditched the food processor for my mixer with the whisk attachment... good decision - but otherwise - PERFECTION! YUM! Sadly, I had wanted to make this cake with my friend Deb's banana cake recipe, but that piece of paper has been taken to the place where some great recipes go, until years from now when it will turn up in it's greatest time of need. For now, this one worked!
I have to mention that Deb's banana cake was the first one of it's kind that I had ever tried. I immediately fell in love! The cake was lighter than this one and so I am a little sad I have misplaced this recipe... Maybe she will share again?

No comments:

Post a Comment