10.27.2010

Meat Sauce - A Dumas STAPLE!

I've never learned how to make any less than a soup pot full of meat sauce - it is usually a project that involves eating some, freezing some, and even making a lasagna too!

At the grocery store, hamburger was on sale, and this is what started the thought of yummy meat sauce!

A whole pound of ground beef, a pound of hot sausage, a few onions, a few peppers, some prosciutto (it was in the "meat ends" and only cost $.95!), garlic, spices, and tomatoes!

In my family, meat sauce is a meal that can be served hot or cold, morning and night. If you are just starving and need a snack, heat up a little bowl of sauce - we eat it like soup!

Honestly, most times when I eat meat sauce, I am too lazy to boil water and have pasta. The day I made this batch, I had it over the left over quinoa from dinner the previous night. What a great change to the regular white pasta. Other days, a chunk of bread is all I need!

No comments:

Post a Comment