10.31.2010

Fall Oysters from Dave the Hunter!


My first time eating wild mushrooms! They were so pretty, and exciting to eat since they grew on a tree in Freeport!

Now that I have eaten them, they would have been lovely in a soup or stew. They are smooth and heavy. Smell and taste sweet. They could surely stand up to some slow cooking. Since I had never eaten or cooked with any wild mushroom varieties, I was not very adventurous.


Jane said that butter was the right answer, and Dave said to cook them a little longer than regular mushrooms from the grocery store.

Chopped and sauteed with butter and onion. Ended up with a sort of mushroom hash. Tossed in some turkey leftovers and voila!




Each bite I took was a little different. At first I started by picking out bits of mushroom to examine the flavor and texture. Smooth, creamy, sweet, and very mild. They didn't have a strong mushroom flavor and almost tasted to me like something extremely unhealthy! Fatty, tender, amazing! A little butter went a long way.

I am so excited to try them again. Thanks Dave for sharing your delicious treat with me!

Next time we need to get Brian to have a bite and venture out from my safety net of butter and onions!

NOTE: I am completely confused as to why I am suddenly typing with underlined font!! I never pushed anything, and I have no way of changing it back. I have tried menu after menu and also keyboard shortcuts! Nothing!

Oh well, it seems that what I have just written must be very important if it is all underlined.

No comments:

Post a Comment