10.27.2010

Wink's Pumpkin Whoopies a la Beth!

Use a big zip lock baggie and pipe the batter - give a little swirl. When they bake up, they are evenly sized and they are pretty! Less mess, and faster than scooping.
Making mini whoopie pies means that you can have many, and feel less guilty! Surely you already know they have cream cheese filling. My two secrets... and modifications, skip the vanilla and add some lemon zest. It seems that the folks who love cream cheese frosting, love it more with a little lemon. For those who aren't big fans of the tang that comes along with cream cheese, the lemon blends so well with the flavors, it is slightly masked, or offset by the tartness of the lemon.
Always beat the heck out of the frosting so it is extra fluffy and I must say that these little whoopies are the best I've ever made!
Somehow, we still have a few in the refrigerator! Actually, I think I will have one now!!!

Go to Wink's Place the next time you're in Kennebunkport! You are in for a treat - sandwiches, coffee, muffins, your regular general store. Say hi to my brother Nate, tell him I sent you!

pic.php.jpg

Wink's Place

63 Beachwood Avenue

Kennebunkport, ME 04046

(207) 967 2295



No comments:

Post a Comment