11.27.2010

Mama Dodge's Desserts

The other half of my family only cooks for a few - so this beautiful pie was more than enough! We have 2 more slices in the refrigerator!
(I know, we are very lucky!)
I have never seen such a pretty Apple Pie! It was at least 6 inches tall!
The hard work with the crispy apples paid off because it was delicious!

We arrived at the Dodge's around 2:30, just in time to eat again! Luckily they allowed us to enjoy their company without eating any more, then packed us SO many leftovers, we will not be hungry for a month - with proper planning! I had a slice of this for breakfast too! This time, it was my 10:45 pm on Thanksgiving night breakfast, before I returned to work.

Pumpkin Chiffon Cake...
Amazing for SO many reasons. It is basically pumpkin, egg whites, flour, a little sugar and spices. I would call it Pumpkin Angel Food cake. It is SO fluffy and light. You could eat this for breakfast or dessert. What a tasty recipe. Lot's of hard work went into this one too - whipping that many egg whites was a bit of a project - but the tidbit taken away from this one is - if I used my stand mixer, it would be done in a flash! I need to get this recipe!


No comments:

Post a Comment